Today, I am going to show you how to activate windows 7 using cmd. Both Vista and Windows 7 allow the user to change product key from within the OS. 1. You can change the product key of using the command line. Just follow the procedures described below
- Step 1: Uninstall code update KB971033
To do this: Go to your system Control Panel and select “System and Security” option, from the dropdown list, click on Windows Updates;
In the lower left corner appears “Installed updates” click on it and then delete the line with only this code”KB971033” by pressing the uninstall button.
- Step 2: Execute cmd.exe as administrator.
- Step 3: Fix the status of your license with the following command: slmgr -dli
- Step 4: Slmgr -upk (uninstall the serial currently installed in the system and return to TRIAL status).
- Step 5: Slmgr -rearm (resets license status and activation in the system).
- Step 6: Slmgr -ipk FJGCP-4DFJD-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2 serial OEM will appear key was installed correctly.
- Step 7: Slmgr -xpr (shows the expiration of the current license of the system or if this is permanently activated).
- Step 8: Slmgr -ato (activates windows and the serial with the Microsoft servers).
- Restart your device/system again, and voila you have windows 7 genuine.
WINDOWS 7 ACTIVATION
Unlike Windows XP and Vista, not activating Windows 7 leaves you with an annoying but somewhat usable system.
According to a post from the Microsoft developer blog in “Microsoft Developer Network,”
If you choose not to activate Windows 7 during installation, a message “Activate Windows online now” will appear in the system tray.
If you do not activate, then you will see an “Activate now” message every day from day four till day 27.
From day 27 till day 30, you will get the “Activate now” message option every four hours until the 30th day.
After 30 days, you will get the option “Activate now” every hour, along with a warning that your version of Windows is not original when you open the Control Panel.