- This topic is empty.
November 4, 2020 at 2:42 am #5327Charlie OdomGuest
by Terry Pratchett
- Characters: Mau, Daphne (Ermintrude Fanshaw)
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- Format: hardcover, 367 pages
- ISBN: 9780061433016 (0061433012)
- Awards: Locus Award Nominee for Best Young Adult Novel (2009), Mythopoeic Fantasy Award Nominee for Children’s Literature (2009), Odyssey Award Nominee (2009), Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature (2008), Michael L. Printz Award Nominee (2009)
- Language: english
- Release date: September 30, 2008
- Genres: fantasy, fiction, adventure, humor, teen, survival
- Author: Terry Pratchett
About The Book
Alone on a desert island — everything and everyone he knows and loves has been washed away in a storm — Mau is the last surviving member of his nation. He’s completely alone — or so he thinks until he finds the ghost girl. She has no toes, wears strange lacy trousers like the grandfather bird, and gives him a stick that can make fire.
Daphne, sole survivor of the wreck of the Sweet Judy, almost immediately regrets trying to shoot the native boy. Thank goodness the powder was wet and the gun only produced a spark. She’s certain her father, distant cousin of the Royal family, will come and rescue her but it seems, for now, that all she has for company is the boy and the foul-mouthed ship’s parrot, until other survivors arrive to take refuge on the island. Together, Mau and Daphne discover some remarkable things (including how to milk a pig, and why spitting in beer is a good thing), and start to forge a new nation.
Encompassing themes of death and nationhood, Terry Pratchett’s new novel is, as can be expected, extremely funny, witty and wise. Mau’s ancestors have something to teach us all. Mau just wishes they would shut up about it and let him get on with saving everyone’s lives!
MP3 Nation read online PC on Amazon. FictionBook ebook Nation by Terry Pratchett download. EPUB book Nation Terry Pratchett buy on Booktopia.